People behind ATC
” Truck driver is the lion of the highways “
We proudly present our pilots who traverse the length and breadth of the country to deliver your shipment in record time
- Experienced only 1 in every 10 is chosen
- Responsible on the road, and at home
- Dignified creating an ecosystem built on respect, integrity and trust
- Determined they overcome all barriers
Operational safety is central to ATC’s vision of making logistics human. It is our top priority to ensure our drivers drive safely on the job.
We ensure high standards of operational safety by focusing on:
- Fleet safety initiatives
- Timely pre inspection checks – Pre inspection at the start of each trip to ensure truck is in a safe condition to ply. On-time scheduled maintenance after running certain kilometres.
- 24/7 vitals monitoring – Round the clock vitals monitoring of airbrake pressure, engine oil pressure, coolant level, temperature to ensure ideal driving conditions. Any alerts or exceptions handled on priority through our 24×7 control tower.
- Speed Governors – speed governors installed in entire fleet to limit speed in accordance with government regulation ( as per Road Transport and Highways Ministry’s 2015 amendment to the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989).
- Autonomous braking systems – autonomous braking systems are installed to ensure truck halts in case obstacles are sensed within braking distance.
- Education & Training
- Safety Training – Half Day safety training conducted by Driver Training Institutes as a part of the ATC driver pre-joining induction.
- Focus on efficiency, not speed – Emphasis on the need for eliminating unscheduled stoppages and inefficiency in driving as opposed to speeding to meet turn around time.
- Safety Week – Safety weeks organized quarterly with engaging content, interactive training sessions and competitions focussed on importance of driving safety at ATC.
- Automation and safety checks
- Fatigue management – Auto-allocation of driving duties ensuring drive time is 4-6 hours and adequate cooling time has been provided between trips.
- Drug & Alcohol testing – Comprehensive drug & alcohol testing conducted before the start of every trip at the time of handing over the vehicle to the driver.
- On the job reinforcement
- Performance dialogues – Monthly performance dialogues with pilots covering their performance on various safety metrics such as average speed, over-speeding and speed volatility.
- Safety Sujhaav – Idea generation workshops setting fortnightly agenda on best practise for increasing safety such as seat belt awareness, fog driving.
- Rewards & recognition – Most responsible drivers adhering to high standards on safety metrics receive regular rewards & recognition to reinforce culture.
- Safety Pledge – Each driver takes a safe